Who Owns Hermes Real Estate?

Hermes Real Estate is a globally recognized real estate investment management company that manages over £6 billion of real estate assets across the UK and Europe. The company was established in 1983 and is headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Many people are curious about who owns Hermes Real Estate, so let’s take a closer look.

Hermes Investment Management

Hermes Real Estate is owned by Hermes Investment Management, which is part of the Federated Hermes group. Federated Hermes is a global investment management firm that manages over $1 trillion in assets across the world. The firm has been in business for more than 150 years and has offices in major financial centers around the globe.

Hermes Investment Management Ownership

Federated Hermes owns 60% of Hermes Investment Management, while the remaining 40% is owned by the BT Pension Scheme (BTPS). BTPS is one of the largest pension funds in the UK, with over £50 billion in assets under management. This means that ultimately, BTPS owns a significant stake in Hermes Real Estate.

Hermes Real Estate Investments

Hermes Real Estate has a diversified portfolio of investments across various sectors such as office, retail, residential, industrial, and logistics. The company’s investments are spread across different regions with a focus on Europe and Asia-Pacific. Some of its notable investments include:

  • The Walbrook Building in London
  • The Green Park office complex in Reading
  • The Bullring shopping center in Birmingham
  • The Dublin Central development project in Ireland
  • The KDC Campus in Tokyo


In conclusion, while Federated Hermes owns majority ownership of Hermes Investment Management which subsequently owns HERMES Real Estate but BT Pension Scheme also holds a good stake in the company. Hermes Real Estate is a well-respected real estate investment management firm with a diversified portfolio of assets across different sectors and regions. The company has a proven track record of delivering strong returns for its investors, making it an attractive investment option for those looking to invest in real estate.